Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Success: I Survived the Weekend With No Tossing of Cookies!

Sunday morning: Hello, is it time for my next anti-nausea pill?

Still no vomiting. I am very proud of that. And relieved. All weekend I've had queasy spells, kind of like 1st trimester morning sickness, but nothing that chicken soup or a cracker couldn't fix. My oncologist had prescribed a 3-day anti-nausea drug for me to take: 1 for Friday (an hour before chemo), and 1 for Saturday and Sunday morning. I was up for several hours Sunday, about 2-4am, couldn't sleep, felt sick, but didn't want to take my 3rd and last anti-nausea pill too early. So I sat up in bed, choked down crackers (with water, my throat and mouth are really dry this weekend), wrote in my journal and read the Bible. My Aunt Marian had suggested a number of passages to read, ones she thought would bring me comfort (which they did, thank you Aunt M!) I found a few more passages that really helped me, and I wrote them down in my journal under "read these when you're feeling weak!"

So I'm ready for my pill and some breakfast. Scrambled eggs and crackers have been a favorite this weekend. My mom and dad are here, and my dad makes the best eggs. Gotta go place my order!

By the way, I'm pleased with how I feel this weekend. It't not all that bad. I can do this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home