Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Friday, September 19, 2008

arrggh, me achin' bones!

Ahoy there me hearties! It be National Talk Like a Pirate Day, me favorite day of the year! Arggh!

Jes' wantin' to keep ya posted on me comins and goins. So many things illin' me, I be feelin' like a senior citizen! (No offense meant to me senior readers, be sure o that!)

Well, to start, I has-ta say "arggh, me bones are an-achin!" Been takin' that there Fosamax (some gritty stuff, lemmetellya), but it made me throatpipe feel like someone jammed a peanut butter sammich down me craw. Arggh! Shore nuf, I stopped takin' that arful stuff! Argggh! Argggh! Argggh!

Me oncologist about shivered her timbers to hear of me giving the Fosamax a walk off the plank. But lemmetellya, when this here pirate can't be swilling her grub like she used-ta, the lines must be drawn.

Me doctor and me will squawk anudder day about hows to be fixin' me brittle-bones, be sure o that! Jes' waitin' until me throat is a-workin once agin.

Meanstwhile, that there 2-mile walk 3 or 4 times a week, that is jes' what this pirate's bones be a-callin' fer....no, not a walk off the plank, me hearties....har-de-har-har-har, now don't be makin' me laugh, it hurts me windpipe....I'm a-talkin' bouts a walk around me village. Nice and early, before the sun be comin' up, with me iPod and all (a pirate has to have her music, ye knows!)
Does a body good, lemmetellya.

Well, before I be wearin' out me welcome, and runnin' out of pirate things ta say, that's all for now.

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day to all me pirate and landlubber friends! Arghh! (and avast! and yo-ho-ho and a bottle o rum, etc....)

1 Comments:

  • At 9/22/08, 7:23 PM, Blogger Jenster said…

    Yo ho! Where's me bottle o' rum??

    Sorry the Fosomax is being contrary. Goodonya for the walking, though!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home