Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Better Each Day!

OK, so I'm several days out from chemo. Here's the pattern:
perky, slightly queasy weekend---tough Monday---well above sluggish Tuesday---better and better each day. Tonight (Thursday) I felt strong enough to attend my dance (jazz) class and had no trouble, except for some hot flashes at the end of the hour. (Did I mention that chemo might throw me into early menopause?) But other women in class were hot too, so it may have just been the temp in the studio.

I have to admit, it is not as bad as I had thought. I am tired, but you know, I was tired before all this started. Jesse is a good baby, but between him and his sisters, I was run pretty ragged this summer, especially with John working such long hours almost every day. (It actually worked out well when prepping the girls for my treatments. I explained that the medicine will make me tired......no big deal for them! They see me tired all the time.)

So how much is "chemo tired" and how much is "mommy tired"? I keep wondering, but really who cares! As long as I get better, it doesn't matter.

I meet with my oncologist tomorrow (Friday Oct 6th) to check my progress, and next treatment is Friday the 13th. My dr said that the pattern I've seen so far following treatment is what to expect each time. If that's true, then I am very encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home