Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Suzy gave me the day off

Good ol' Suzy Sunshine! Just when my chest was starting to get burnt and itchy from the radiation, she comes through and gives me the day off!

The machine broke down yesterday, sometime after my appointment. I got a call from someone in the office, telling me not to bother coming in today, because they are waiting for a part to come in from California (isn't that the Sunshine state? or maybe that's Florida....)

This never happens, the woman from the radiation center claimed. But that's OK, I don't mind a day off. Although I was a little suspicious and asked her again for her name. Where is Melinda? Or Gail? I asked her. I would expect them to call me. But this woman said she normally works in the downtown office but was helping out today. Hmmm. I can be paranoid sometimes, and for a fleeting moment I thought it could be a prank. Maybe the new patient with the timeslot before mine decided she wanted to be able to sleep in? Do you think she'd stoop so low?

Well, prank or not, I know my skin will really enjoy the day off! Thanks Suzy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home