Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Friday, October 06, 2006

One Week After Chemo Treatment #1

Here I am after one week, feeling pretty good.

Was up early to bring Emma to the bus stop. My mom has been doing that for the last 2 weeks but I told her I was ready today. I wanted the time with Emma, and I wanted her to see that I can still do normal things. So we had our usual scuffle over shoes and being ready.....just like the old days!

I am ready to meet with my oncologist today. I have lots of questions, things that never occurred to me in our first meeting on Sept 20th. Back then I was still reeling from my diagnosis and still not sure what the treatment plan would be. Now that I've had time to think and experience the chemo, I can talk to her more intelligently about it all......I hope!

Well, I hear baby Jesse fussing. Gotta run. Will check in again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home