Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

What do you think of this license plate?

John came up with this idea for a personalized license plate for my van. In Virginia, vanity plates are very inexpensive. So everyone has one. I used to scoff at vanity plates, thought they were ridiculous. What if you decided to rob a bank? Your getaway car's plate would be easy to remember and they'd soon nab you.

But in the last few years, I've been thinking a custom plate would be interesting, a conversation piece. I've been playing with various combinations, like GDSPEELR ("good speller", get it?) or IIOFBLU ("eyes of blue", a song I made up that I sing to the kids. They all have John's blue eyes) Since my breast cancer diagnosis last year, I've been playing with other themes, like GOTTIT or GOTIT, (GOT IT was taken, and I like the multiple interpretations). But then John came up with 2LSTTS, which I think is brilliant!

The down side is I'd have to think of a clean, alternate interpretation for my kids. They don't want to know Mommy has 2 less you-know-whats! Maybe "2 lost teeth"? I wonder if they'd fall for that. And even more, I wonder if the neighbors would laugh or think I'm a nut job? Hmmm...

P.S. I've reserved the personalization for 90 days, so if you live in Virginia you can't steal my idea! I mean, John's idea.

7 Comments:

  • At 11/18/07, 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If you decide not to use it for a license plate, you can use it for a new email address. e.g. 2lstts@comcast.net

     
  • At 11/18/07, 3:16 PM, Blogger Jenster said…

    I have a PA BC plate, but it's not personalized. And even if it was it wouldn't be quite so clever! lol

    A friend of mine has a license plate that says LTITSNO

    Everyone says with a French accent, le tits, no? But it was supposed to be let it snow. LOLOL!!

     
  • At 11/18/07, 6:28 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    You know me...I like it!! I think life is about finding the funny side, being able to make something of what we've got...and this is great.

     
  • At 11/19/07, 1:19 AM, Blogger lahdeedah said…

    Katie, you helped me out big time with the bike metaphor, so here's my input on your brilliant license plate: The clean alternative for the kids: 2LSTTS means "To Love Is To Totally Surrender."

    Personally, though, the acronym brings to mind a visual of my previously breasted self: "Two Low-Slung Tits Tightly Strapped."

     
  • At 11/19/07, 12:36 PM, Blogger Jenster said…

    LOL Jill!!! I love those!! Both the alternative and your "personal" acronym.

    Thanks, ladies, for the laughs!

     
  • At 11/19/07, 10:48 PM, Blogger lahdeedah said…

    Katie, big California vibes for your "touch up" tomorrow... Write a tiny little post, please, to let us all know how you're doing.

     
  • At 11/26/07, 9:34 PM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said…

    perfect.
    I love it!

    not that I'm dyslexic, but at first I thought it was 2 slits

    I was quite shocked but then I blinked and saw what it was meant to be.

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home