Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Me? A courageous blogger?

I am so excited, I could split my stitches! (I promise, I won’t.) My new blog friend, Jen from Jenster’s Musings, has nominated me for the “Courageous Blogger Award”.
Here it is:


Jen received it from another blogger, and she decided to pass it on to me, and to our blog friends Sherry from ABreast In the World, and Jill from Reconstruct This.

In case you can’t tell from their blog names, these women are breast cancer survivors like me. Jen, too. Somehow, we all found each other’s blogs and quickly discovered that we have had some similar experiences with our breast cancers. Some of us have had mastectomies, some reconstruction, some oopharectomies. Most important….and this is what drew me to their sites….we all share the same “I can do this” attitude that helped us get through treatment and recovery.

I am so pleased that my new friend thinks I am a courageous blogger! Jen is a very courageous person herself. You should visit her site to read her story. I’ve added links to my favorite breast cancer sites in the sidebar of my blog. Jen’s is there, plus Sherry’s and Jill’s. There is also Princess Hedgie’s blog, and a blog by a survivor named Jayne (who seems to be my cancer twin, at least from what I’ve read that she’s been through)!

These blogs are all great reads. These women are wonderful writers, very knowledgeable about the cancer world, and the best "bloggy friends" a breast cancer survivor could wish for!

3 Comments:

  • At 10/17/07, 6:53 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    Isn't it wonderful being chosen? And there you were, posting the other day about being "special"..for a different reason, but now of course you realize that you really ARE special Katie!! I'm honoured to be sharing this with you. Jen's generosity warms the heart.

     
  • At 10/18/07, 8:49 PM, Blogger Jayne said…

    Hi there, cancer-twin. Isn't blogging awesome? Congrats on the award!

     
  • At 10/18/07, 11:42 PM, Blogger KT said…

    Hey you two! Thanks for the congrats. Blogging is a blast. I keep telling everyone how therapeutic is was for me, all through my first cancer experience. I neglected my blog this summer, thinking I was cancer-free and not needing the outlet. But here I am again! It just feels great to write, doesn't it? Looking forward to visiting your sites soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home