Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Just call me The Girl in the Bubble

Friday's blood test says my white count is low, not low enough to be dangerous, but low enough to take certain precautions. No crowds, no tending to sick children (of course we all have the sniffles), no handling or eating fresh fruits and vegetables, etc..... So there goes my shopping trip with friends Christine and Susanne. We were supposed to go hat shopping today. They are very fashionable friends and were going to help me find some fun hats.

I really am bummed about cancelling my shopping trip. I want to try on hats while I have my hair. Otherwise I might creep out the customers. But then, it could be fun. We'll see how mischieveous I feel once I lose my hair!

The girls woke me up early (by 8am) this morning, so I brought them downstairs and made pancakes (from scratch, of course!) By the time John and my mom joined us, around 9:30am, I was pretty pooped. Went back for a nap and now feel great. I'm still coughing and sniffling from this cold that I can't shake. But what can you do.

So for now, I'm the Girl in the Bubble, keeping my distance from everything. I actually handled the lettuce when making Emma's sandwich today, then remembered no fresh veggies. Ooops. So I called for John and asked him to peel and slice the banana for Leah's peanut butter and banana sandwich. Geez.

Well, that's all for the moment. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more of my exciting adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home