Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

OK math majors, how much time do I save?

I guess I don't have enough to do. Or I'm easily entertained (I know that's true). I just timed myself, to see how long it takes me to get my wig on. Since I posted that bit about the average woman spending an average of 41 minutes each day on her hair, I have been wondering how much time I'll save during this time in my life.

So it took me approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds to put Delores on and be ready for the day. That includes:
15 seconds to locate Delores, the hat, and a scrunchie
45 seconds to put her on, adjust the bangs/side pieces, and tie the ponytail
10 seconds to put the hat on and pull the ponytail through the back
65 seconds to look at it, then take it all off and put it back on, since I wasn't happy with a stray piece sticking out. (That includes about 5 seconds to scrape the peanut butter off the brim. Apparently either Leah gave me a messy hug yesterday or Frances got a hold of the hat when I wasn't looking.)
15 seconds to admire it from all sides

And that's it.

If I do this every day, from mid-October through mid-March (I'm hoping I can ditch the wigs by then), how much time do I save compared to the average 41-minute-a-day woman? That's 41 minutes less 2 and a half minutes.....? Times all those days? I was pretty good in math, really (even though I balance my checkbook to the nearest $10), but I can't stick around right now to do all those calculations. Gotta run as I have a consult/appointment with my radiation oncologist at 11:00. We'll be talking about the 6 weeks of radiation I'm supposed to go through after surgery. I'll post more on that later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home