Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nothing new, all is well

Everything is going well. No complaints. I feel good, not tired (at least not because of the chemo, maybe because of my beautiful but sometimes exhausting children). My stomach has been back to normal since last week, and I haven't abused it too badly so I'm feeling fine. (One small mistake: I decided three days after my last treatment that I needed to stop babying my stomach with all those crackers and soups. I figured if I just eat like a normal person than I will feel like a normal person. Not true. But then, eating 10 miniature chocolate bars and a handful of chocolate kisses while stuffing goodie bags for Leah's birthday party isn't exactly "eating like a normal person". Chemo or no chemo, not the smartest move!)

I've been up and around, life as usual: bringing Emma to the bus stop, dropping off and picking up Leah at preschool, making lunches, changing diapers, baking cookies, and hosting Leah's birthday party (10 very well-behaved 4-and 5-year-olds….a very fun Halloween birthday costume party). It's been busy but not overly so, nothing we can't handle!

In between, I'm just gearing up for my next treatment on Friday....packing my chemo bag with activities and snacks, making sure I have my comfort food on hand for the weekend, stuff like that. My sister is here for the week (my mom went home for a well-deserved break) and so Susie will go with me on Friday. Afterwards we plan to visit a wig salon, hoping I have better luck than the first one I went to (that is a whole other sad but now funny story). Now that I have my crewcut it will be easier to try wigs on. While I love my ponytail wig, I could use something less sporty.

So, things are good. Nothing new to report. Just life going on as usual!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home