Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

No calls please!

Please, no phone calls for the next few days! It makes me nervous! I just had a checkup with my oncologist on Monday. The labwork they did in the office (white blood, platelets, etc) came back normal, which was good to hear. However, the real labwork (tumor markers) had to go out to an external lab and won't be back for a few days.

My doctor said she would call me if the labs showed anything suspicious, so pretty much if I don't hear from her then that's a good thing. Of course, I wonder every time the phone rings whether it is the doctor calling. So I'm a little jumpy this week!

Knowing me, I will probably call the office tomorrow just to make sure all is well. My doctor declared me "cancer-free" on Monday, without seeing the labs, so I suppose I should be happy with that for now.

But til Friday, unless you want me to be a bundle of nerves, please don't call....email! Thanks!
P.S. I am feeling good, getting my energy back along with my hair (which I dyed red). My family was here in May to do the Race for the Cure, which was a great experience. We hired a wonderful nanny, who was here several days a week, to help me with "all these kids" as Emma not-so-lovingly calls her little siblings. More on all of my recovery adventures later, just wanted to point out that I'm doing fine! (Except for the phone thing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home