Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

My cancer has behavioral problems

Good news: nothing in my bones! That was a big relief. No cancer in the major organs either. According to the MRI and PET scan, we're looking at a few tiny spots in the left breast, same one as before. They may or may not have been there in February. They've been able to grow despite the Tamoxifen I've been taking to prevent recurrence and despite the Lupron injections I've gotten to shut down my ovaries (and eliminate estrogen since that can help cancer grow)

On the bright side, says my oncologist, we are learning more about my cancer's behavior. As though it is a person, perhaps a mischievous toddler? Well, I am thinking this cancer needs a bit of a timeout, don't you?....and maybe a swift kick in the you-know-what!

Anyway, my surgery is set for Tuesday the 25th, 8am. I'm looking forward to finishing off this behaviorially-challenged cancer!

1 Comments:

  • At 9/28/07, 4:39 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    KT, I love your sense of humour and your outlook on this. Your bc definitely needs a time out for it's behavioural problems. Keep the sun in your smile and in your heart...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home