Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Touch-up surgery uneventful!

Uneventful is a good thing! I'm home, taking a quick break during intermission to post on my blog. The girls are putting on a dance show tonight for us. I think they're stalling because they don't want to go to bed, but it's a good show just the same. They must have practiced all afternoon while I was sleeping off the anesthesia.

Will write more later!

4 Comments:

  • At 11/20/07, 7:41 PM, Blogger lahdeedah said…

    Happy to hear things went ok, Katie! Thanks for taking a minute to let us know you're home and that you're being entertained :)

     
  • At 11/21/07, 2:36 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    Katie, so glad that all went well and uneventful!! How lovely that the girls put on a dancing show for you (even if they were putting off going to bed)...you have to love that!!

    Happy Thanksgiving for Thursday!

     
  • At 11/22/07, 10:18 PM, Blogger Jenster said…

    Glad it all went well. Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 11/26/07, 9:31 PM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said…

    What a way to end the day, with a dance show!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home