Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

And the good news is: no cancer on the right!

All this time I've been wondering, who's paying attention to the right breast? Everyone is so concerned about the left one. Once that lymph node in my left armpit showed up, all they ever talked about was the left breast......mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy. The poor right one was just neglected.

At my appt with the oncologist on Friday, I asked her about it. Who IS paying attention to the right breast? I said. She said after treatment is complete, we'd look at it. WHAT? I said, OH NO. I cannot go through this process twice. Please can't we just do a 2 for 1. So she wrote me a prescription for a mammogram and ultrasound for the right breast, and made me an appt for this morning. And I'm glad to report that no one needs to pay attention to the right one for a while now: The radiologist did the mammogram and ultrsound. My right breast is absolutely normal. (Other than being slightly bigger than the left one. But it's always been that way.)

And, unrelated but still exciting: my white count is back up. I stopped by the oncologist's office on tmy way home from the mammogram, to see if they could check my white count. They could, and it is back up within the acceptable range. Finally I can have that salad and apple I'd been craving.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home