Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Taking calls now!

Feel free to call: My labwork came back normal!

I called on Monday and left a message for my oncologist: "I know the doctor was going to call if anything looked suspicious," I said, "but I hadn't heard from her and am going crazy every time the phone rings. So I had to call just to verify: Did the labs come back and was anything suspicious?"

The nurse called back the next day and left a message for me, something about the CA-something being low, which she said is a good thing. She added that everything looked really good, really normal.

That's what I wanted to hear! Maybe next checkup I'll ask for more details on the various tumor markers....what they are called, what the doctor looks for, etc. Just not now. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about breast cancer and its treatments. My brain is full! The rest can wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home