Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Does cancer get an anniversary?

September 5th is coming up fast. That is the day, 1 year ago, that John and I sat in my surgeon's office (along with then 2-year-old Frances and 5-month-old Jesse), heard the biopsy results and learned that yes, indeed, I do have breast cancer.

So do I celebrate anything when September 5th comes up this year? Maybe do a "ha-ha-I'm-not-dead-yet" dance or something like that? Or should I celebrate on April 13th, my last day of radiation and officially the end of my treatment?

Not sure what the protocol is for this cancer stuff.....

1 Comments:

  • At 9/28/07, 4:41 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    KT, I celebrate every day of life...I don't celebrate the day I was diagnosed or the day I finished treatment...I mark it off on my calendar as progress, but the celebratory is strictly for things my kids do, things I've done with loved ones, seeing the sun rise and the sun set, the moon in it's phases..that kind of thing. I don't give cancer more room than it already has taken in my life.
    Love your spirit and your style. Keep your fists up!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home