Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Meet Your 2010 Calendar Girl

Are you a Boober? You'd know it if you were. I've become acquainted with a wonderful support group called Beyond Boobs. I discovered them when my Aunt Mary set me a newspaper article and their calendar back in 2006 when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer.

They are based in Williamsburg, founded by two phenomenal women who are breast cancer survivors. The support group, made up of breast cancer survivors and fighters, meets monthly in Williamsburg. Because of distance and health reasons, I've only attended one meeting but it was a wonderful experience. The room was full of love and support and encouragement, all from people I had only just met that night.

Every year, Beyond Boobs puts out a calendar chock full of breast cancer facts and prevention tips. They feature a different survivor/fighter in each month of the calendar.

I'm excited to tell you about this group not only because they are so great, but also because my family and I will be featured in the 2010 calendar! Not sure which month yet, but we'll be in there. The photo shoot was back in the spring, in our backyard on the swingset and in my garden. Lots of fun! We'll find out which month we're in when the calendar debuts in October. You can order them off their website (http://www.beyondboobsinc.org/).

I also wanted to tell you about Beyond Boobs because they are seeking sponsors for their 2010 calendar. Levels of sponsorship range from "Training Bra" to "DD Cup". You can be an individual sponsor, or just make a donation. But if you have a local business, this is a great advertising opportunity. You can even order calendars in bulk and have your business name printed on them!

And sometime in the next few weeks, they'll be selling days on their calendar, too. You can buy a date in honor or memory of a special someone. Lots of opportunities to support a worthwhile organization! Keep an eye on their website for details....

The Beyond Boobs story, donation information, and calendar sponsorship forms are available on their website. I hope you can spend some time browsing their site, I know you will enjoy it!

2 Comments:

  • At 7/8/09, 10:12 PM, Blogger Jenster said…

    You're a pin-up girl!!! Very cool! I can't wait to get the calendar!

     
  • At 7/15/09, 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kate! I was just reading your blog and wanted to tell you how much I miss you and your sense of humor.

    I only wish that I wasn't waaaay out here in Denver so that I could visit.

    Keep up the good spirit!

    Christy Johnson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home