Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

there's still time to sponsor your favorite cancer girl's calendar!

Remember I wrote about being a calendar model? That wonderful breast cancer support group I told you about, Beyond Boobs, is still working on their 2010 calendar. The calendar is actually much more than a calendar....more like a breast cancer guide, full of information on cancer risks and prevention. Plus you can read all about the models and their stories, and learn from their experiences how they made it through to become survivors. I have the 2008 and 2009 calendars and refer to them quite often.

If you are interested in supporting this worthy cause, there's still time! Until August 15th, you can go to their website, http://www.beyondboobsinc.org/, click on the "Buy a Day in the 2010 Calendar to Live By" button, and follow the instructions. Buying a day means that you can have someone's name printed in the calendar, on the day you select. You can do this "in memory of" or "in honor of" a loved one. Days are going quickly, so if you are interested I suggest you do this soon.

The 2010 Calendars will go on sale in the fall. You can order them online, or at selected stores (mostly in the Williamsburg area, but hopefully some in Richmond too! Stay tuned...)

And while you're at the Beyond Boobs site, browse around a bit and I guarantee you will learn a great deal about breast cancer!

(A big thanks to my Aunt Mary, who introduced me to this group back when I was fighting breast cancer. She sent me their 2008 calendar and an article about Beyond Boobs that appeared in her local newspaper. From there I was hooked, and I checked their website frequently for updates and sometimes just to browse. I only wish I lived closer to Williamsburg so I could attend their meetings.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home