Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm a believer!

OK, I will admit that the port is a wonderful thing. Originally I suspected that the nurses set me up last time, by poking so many veins that I passed out, so that they could drive home the point that I need a port. But that is a totally paranoid thought. I no longer think they did it on purpose, at least not consciously.

Chemo treatment #2 today was easy as pie, thanks to the port. And my iPod. And my husband. Not necessarily in that order, although the port does have the top spot on my list. I was plugged in to the drugs in a blink, and then was free to do whatever I needed. No more sitting around with my arm outstretched.

So yes, I am a new woman thanks to my port. I can't promise I'll never complain about it again, because it still hurts like you wouldn't believe, but that pain (my dr promised) will go away. And it's nothing compared to my relief at how quickly time went by today.

I am tired even after a 2-hour nap this afternoon so will excuse myself for a bit. I just wanted to post an update for friends and family who might be checking here for the latest.
Here's the latest:
I did fine.
I feel good, though a little tired.
I love my port.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home