Gotta keep on keepin' on.......

Cancer again...that's 3 times in 2 years. This time it’s not breast cancer, but a new one called squamous cell carcinoma. New cancer, same old fighting spirit! My blog is still named for one of many songs that kept me going the first time around. Driving home from an upsetting appointment, I turned on the radio just as this line from Steve Miller Band's Jet Airliner was playing: "I've got to keep on keepin' on"....so I did just that. And I'll do it again.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sleepy but fine

Sunday and Monday were not so bad. This Monday morning wasn't horrible like the first Monday after chemo, but this Sunday I was a little less energetic than the first Sunday after chemo. So I guess it kind of leveled out. Nothing bad, I still can't complain (although I always manage to)!

I took a nice long nap late Sunday morning. Had planned to go to 11:00 church service with my mom but ran out of gas around 10:00. Slept until 1:00 and spent the rest of the day shuffling around like an old man. (Not an old woman, I explained to my husband. An old man, because I'm grouchy and phlegmy and able to fall asleep sitting up in a chair.)

Monday was about the same as Sunday, but I found if I stopped being lazy then I felt much better. I still took a catnap on the sofa, but I also walked to the bus stop to pick up Emma and went to the mailbox with Leah. If I keep moving, I'll be fine.

So, all is well here. I made it through another treatment. I even made up a cancer joke! Well actually, I thought of the punchline first but am having trouble with the lead-in. Here it is:
Q: What do you call a friend who accompanies you to treatment?
A: Chemo-sabe
(Maybe it should be Who did the Lone Ranger (or Tonto?) bring to keep him company during treatment? I don't know! Suggestions are welcome, as are any other cancer jokes you'd like to send!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home